Update the BlackBerry Device Software from a web site
If your email account uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server you might not be able to perform this task. Check with your
administrator for BlackBerry® Device Software updates that have been approved for use in your organization.
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you
update any software. Maintaining an up-to-date backup file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your
device is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.
1. From your computer, visit the BlackBerry Device Software update site.
2. Click Check for Updates.
3. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
BlackBerry Device Software
4. On the Update summary screen, select the check box beside the update that you want to install.
5. Do any of the following:
• To add or remove optional applications, click Options. Select or clear the check box beside one or more applications.
• To back up your device data or delete all device data, click Settings. Select the check box beside one or more data
types. Click OK.
6. Click Next.
7. Complete the instructions on the screen to sign up for or decline email notifications for new software.
8. Click Next > Finish.