Turn on encryption
To encrypt data on your BlackBerry® device, you must have set a password for your device.
Depending on the amount of storage space available for storing files on your device, you might not be able to encrypt files on
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Security > Encryption.
3. To encrypt data on your device, in the Device Memory section, select the Encrypt check box.
4. To encrypt files that are stored on a media card and on your device, select the Media Card check box and do one of the
• To encrypt files using an encryption key that your device generates, change the Mode field to Device Key.
• To encrypt files using your device password, change the Mode field to Device Password.
• To encrypt files using an encryption key and your device password, change the Mode field to Device Password &
5. To also encrypt media files such as pictures, songs, and videos, select the Include Media Files check box.
6. Press the
key > Save.
Memory and media cards
To stop encrypting data on your device, clear the Device Memory check box. To stop encrypting files, clear the Media Card